What is DevOps?DevOps is a term that has gained significant traction in the tech industry over the last decade. It’s a software development and delivery process that emphasises communication and collaboration between product management, software development, and operations professionals. DevOps is a blend of ‘Development’ and ‘Operations.’ It’s a practice that aims at unifying software development (Dev) and software operation (Ops). The main goal of DevOps is to shorten the system development life cycle while also delivering features, fixes, and updates frequently in close alignment with business objectives.
Key Principles of DevOpsHere are some of the key principles of DevOps:
- Continuous Integration: This is a coding philosophy and set of practices that drive development teams to implement small changes and check in code to version control repositories frequently.
- Continuous Delivery: This is an extension of continuous integration to make sure that you can release new changes to your customers quickly in a sustainable way.
- Microservices: This involves structuring an application as a collection of loosely coupled services.
- Infrastructure as Code: This is a type of IT infrastructure that operations teams can automatically manage and provision through code, rather than using a manual process.
- Monitoring and Logging: Monitoring and logging help in checking the application’s performance.
- Communication and Collaboration: One of the most critical aspects of DevOps is enhancing collaboration between all stakeholders from planning through delivery and automation of the delivery process.
Benefits of DevOpsDevOps offers several benefits, including:
- Speed: Move at high velocity so you can innovate for customers faster, adapt to changing markets better, and grow more efficient at driving business results.
- Rapid Delivery: Increase the frequency and pace of releases so you can improve your product faster.
- Reliability: Ensure the quality of application updates and infrastructure changes so you can reliably deliver at a more rapid pace while maintaining a positive experience for end users.
- Scale: Operate and manage your infrastructure and development processes at scale.
- Improved Collaboration: Break down silos and create a culture of shared responsibility, learning, and problem-solving.
We Transform Your Ideas into Reality
Find out how we can help you.